INTRODUCTION TO LETTERPRESS PRINTING
Participants will learn the basics of letterpress printing, such as printing terminology, the printer’s measurement system, and the proper way to handset type and how to produce imagery on the press. Through individualized instruction and class exercises participants will learn how to operate two different types of Vandercook proofing presses and a treadle operated Platen “Job” press in order to produce handmade products such as postcards, notecards, or broadsides to take home with them.
After completing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Handset type for letterpress printing
- Lock up forms on both Vandercook and Platen presses
- Produce well crafted and informed prints
- Clean up presses and work space
- Register for future letterpress studio workshops at The Ashantilly Press
$200 + $50 materials fee per student.
Powered by iCagenda